Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Real Beginning.

Travel to me is what other people would consider a 'getting close to god' experience.  Although I'm very much opposed to the ideas of organized religion and some of the restrictions man has put upon it due to conforming societal 'morals', I believe there's got to be something there to keep us here, living, alive, thinking, breathing, beating, and striving for something in our lives.  I mean, look around sometime....see the world.  And I don't mean see by looking at the world like "Hey there's a tree, a car, a person, a cloud", I mean really look.  Sometimes a few blades of grass reaching up out of a cement jungle is truly breathtaking.  The way the wind of cars or a soft breeze can whisp it one way or another so softly.  A few small, bright green, fragile blades of grass can sometimes bring up enough strength to push up where it wasn't expected.  Those few blades of grass found their place in this world and they're trying.  I want to try to find my place.

I want to travel.
I want to explore.
I want to find.
I want to discover.
I want to grow.

My hope....scratch that.....my determination to travel is going to start here.  I keep looking for a friend to travel with, and don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed traveling with friends....road trips, flights to far off lands, weekend adventures.....but in the midst of all of that, I always find myself searching for a peace, a solitude while I'm traveling.  Usually I can grasp it for a short time and enjoy a few minutes or hour away alone, but it's never enough and it always keeps me yearning for more. Eat, Pray, Love and How to Be Single have pulled at that part of me that is yearning to take off.....find myself, see what is within and discover my strength, look for peace, and explore until I find a bridge where I can "Attraversiamo" or find someone where together I can say attraversiamo.....let's cross over.


So where do I begin on this journey?  I need to find the funds to go and just do it.  I have my darling dog who will also be not only greatly missed but need to find a safe and healthy place to stay.  What am I saying!?  Here I go again with the excuses!  NOT OKAY!  I need to do this.....so I'm going to set a goal or a dream of sorts.  I have been accomplishing my dreams for years now and now it's time to set a new one and just go for it. I want to leave on this exploration of myself in June of 2011.....wait....I will leave on this exploration in June of 2011.  So here I go.....this will be the beginning of my story, beginning of my journey.


June 2011 it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment